Post Covid 19 Lockdown
Your safety at the Great Grubb B&B is our Priority
The following changes to our usual practices are intended to keep our guests as safe as possible in the period after Covid19 lockdown has been lifted but whilst social-distancing measures remain in place.
A Room Only option:
We would like guests who have bookings in place for July, August or September (or who wish to make a new booking for that period) to have the option of paying a discounted Room Only price. This option is offered to guests who would prefer not to have breakfast in the communal dining areas and may particularly suit those visiting family in Totnes. Please email us directly at email@example.com to either amend or make a new booking using this option.
Special Cleaning and Disinfection Plans:
- Enhanced alcohol-based hand sanitisers which are both antibacterial and antiviral will be provided both at strategic places throughout the B&B and within individual guest bedrooms.
- There will be an enhanced cleaning and disinfection program in place paying particular attention to high hand contact areas in communal areas (such as door handles and hand rails) and throughout guest bedrooms.
- All room keys will have been thoroughly disinfected between guests.
- Guest rooms will have been decluttered to remove unnecessary items that can harbour bacteria and viruses and that are not able to be effectively disinfected.
- Communal areas will be ventilated daily.
- All bed linen and towels will have been laundered at the recommended high temperatures.
- All bedroom and dining room crockery and cutlery will continue to be pre-washed and then placed into our dishwasher undergoing a detergent wash and sanitising rinse at its highest temperature setting.
- Where guests are staying with us for two or more nights, non-latex gloves and aprons will be used when servicing rooms.
- Should they prefer, guests will be able to elect for their room not to be cleaned/serviced during their stay.
For those wishing to have breakfast with us:
- We plan to agree with guests a breakfast time slot so that guests from only two rooms are in the dining room at any one time. This would enable our guests to maintain the required social distance of over 2 metres.
- The dining room and conservatory tables, chairs, condiment containers and any food / drink containers will be thoroughly disinfected immediately before / between breakfast sittings.
- We will be maintaining our high level of personal and food hygiene for which we have been awarded five stars by the Food Standards Agency.
Potential Restricted use of communal areas
Many of our guests enjoy the use of the dining room and the conservatory as communal relaxation areas as well as access to the garden and patio areas. Guests will be asked to continue to abide by the social distancing recommendations when relaxing in these areas.
Check in and Payment:
We have always loved to make our guests feel super welcome when they arrive, helping to answer any questions they may have, recommending places to eat or places to visit etc. In our endeavour to make the check-in processes as simple as possible we will ensure room keys are readily available and invite you to ask us as many questions as you like via email before your visit at firstname.lastname@example.org
We usually take payment for our services after breakfast on the morning of departure using our card reader. Disinfectant will be available to keep this process an option, though many guests may prefer to make payment online via BACS (details of which will be made available on request) at any point before the end of their stay.
Please keep in contact:
Please do not hesitate to send us an email, whether to amend a booking, make a new one or ask any questions relating to the content outlined in this document. We would love to hear from you.
Sandra and John